Dementia Alzheimer’s Family Resource Initiative (DAFRI)
The Dementia Alzheimer’s Family Resource Initiative (DAFRI) supports caregivers and families who care for loved ones diagnosed with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other related disorders. The program seeks to reduce the need for institutional care, which will allow caregivers and families to provide continual in-home care.
DAFRI provides education and training to caregivers and the community through workshops and classes.
DAFRI can help enhance safety in the home with the use of secure locks and door closures; motion detection cameras that allow caregivers to monitor loved ones when they are away from home; and installation of fire safety equipment like extinguishers and smoke detectors.
DAFRI services includes access to technology that connects participants to training and support groups. These tools also help caregivers to assist loved ones with completing daily tasks, improve physical activity, and social interaction.
DAFRI seeks to keep program participants and the community aware of its activities. We also provide access to helpful educational resources that can help with learning more about Alzheimer’s and Dementia, as well as community resources that support caregivers assisting loved ones impacted by the conditions.
- Know the signs of Dementia?
- Need help connecting and communicating with a family member or frienddiagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Need help locating community resources that can help you provide the bestcare for your family member or friend diagnosed with Dementia orAlzheimer’s?
- Need support and opportunities to discuss challenges and stresses you andyour family experience caring for your loved one?
- Recognize that your self-care is critical to your success as a caregiver?
Let us help you!
The Dementia Alzheimer’s Family Resource Initiative (DAFRI) is a community outreach program that provides education, training, and limited support to families with persons impacted by Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Related Disorders (ADRD).
Click on the links below for some resources for you!